What is a Box Frame?
A box frame is a type of picture frame that allows you to create a 3D display of your most treasured items. Instead of just hanging a photo on the wall, you can use a box frame to showcase a collection of items, such as medals, wedding gifts, family heirlooms or almost any object with depth.
Here are 5 great ways to use a box frame:
1. Create a memory box: A box frame can be used to create a memory box that captures a special moment in time. You can add items such as ticket stubs, souvenirs and photographs to create a collage of memories that you can look back on for years to come. Some of the most loved memory boxes we craft for customer include treasured pet memorabilia, anniversary celebrations and veteran military items. One of our most enjoyable challenges was box framing mementos for the 2019 winners of The Amazing Race Australia (we still wonder if Tim & Rod were more excited with the outcome or Hamish, our framer).
2. Display sports memorabilia: A box frame is perfect for displaying your favourite sports memorabilia. Whether it's a signed jersey or a collection of trading cards, a box frame allows you to create a 3D display that showcases your sports fandom. We have turned thousands of football jerseys into a sport shadow box display complimented by signed photos, event tickets and even items such as balls and boots.
3. Highlight a special occasion: If you have a special occasion such as a wedding or graduation, a box frame can be used to create a unique and personalised display. You can add items such as the invitation, photos and mementos from the event to create a stunning display. We have even framed a full length wedding dress with tiara! For a real challenge, one of our Sydney framing stores even box framed Ricky Martin’s Toastie and Seal’s Sausage Roll.
4. Showcase collectibles: If you collect items such as coins, stamps or figurines, a box frame is a great way to display your collection. You can arrange the items in the frame to create a visually stunning display that shows off your collection. We have crafted box frames to display coin collections, antique keys, opera masks and music collectable, just to name a few.
5. Preserve family heirlooms: If you have family heirlooms that you want to display and protect, a box frame is a great option. You can use the frame to display items such as antique jewellery, vintage toys, old personal letters and documents and of course, grandads war medals.
So, we’ve given you 5 great ways to use a box frame, showcasing why this is a creative way to display your most treasured items. Whether you're looking to create a memory box, display sports memorabilia, highlight a special occasion, showcase collectibles or preserve family heirlooms, a box frame is a perfect way to do it. In addition to creating a personalised way to showcase some of your most treasured items, it is also one of the best ways to protect and enjoy these mementos. With so many ways to use a box frame, our framing consultants can help you find the perfect way to showcase your cherished possessions.