Have you ever thought of how important colour is in our lives? Imagine a world in black and white.
Colour choice of both the frame and the mat board choices you choose have a profound effect on the visual presentation and feel of your artwork. Artwork should always be framed in a way that enhances itself.
Here are a few tips on how to select some good colour schemes.
* Where will your artwork be hung?
* Think about the predominant colours in the room where the artwork will be hung and what colours are in there?
* The décor, the furniture. what style is in the room?
* Will the artwork be hung near a piece of furniture?
Next you need to look at the picture itself and try to duplicate the feel and intent of the artwork.
* Have a look at the dominant, neutral and accent colours, there proportions and how they have been used?
* Have a look at the overall design of the artwork. I.e. are the lines of the artwork straight or round or are they delicate or bold?
* How strong are the colours? Are they bright or soft like pastels?
These are just a few things to think about when getting your artwork framed. Of course we can help you with your design choice as it is what we do every day.